Rail & Metro
Our solutions for Rail& Metro Ventilation are characterised by: » 3rd Party Certified products » Reliability » 100% reversibility » Energy efficiency » Anti-Stall Solutions » Easy maintenance
In normal operating conditions the ventilation system has to remove the heat generated by the trains, climatic condition and rail passengers, and ensure adequate ventilation of the stations. In emergency conditions, the ventilation system controls or extracts smoke and hot gases to allow fast and safe evacuation of the passengers and safe fire fighting activities. This means the fans have to be High Temperature certified by a 3rd Party.
In Metro applications, Flakt Woods Ltd can meet additional complexities:
- Restricted space
- Air inlets and outlets in residential areas, where low sound levels are mandatory
- Movement of trains produce unsteady air flows, and the resulting pressure transients present arduous and difficult conditions for the ventilation fans.
- London Underground, UK
- Milan Metro, Italy
- Turin Metro, Italy
- Attiko Metro, Greece
- Budapest Metro, Hungary
- Certification to EN12101-3 and ISO 21927-3: F300, F400
- The most powerful fan ever tested to F400: 2.24m, 1000kW
- 100% reversible fans
- Hot dip galvanized finish which can be painted if required
- Fan Casings which can be painted if required
- Flakt Woods can supply full package: fans, dampers, silencers, transition sections
- Variable Speed Drives.