Energy Saving Calculator
Questions & Answers related to Energy Efficiency
During the launch of our e3-initiative and the following seminars in Europe, we had the oppor-tunity to meet representatives from consultants, contractors end end-users. All with a great interest for energy efficient and environmentally friendly air handling solutions in common. Several interesting discussion were held, and in many of them the same questions came up every time. We have therefore decided to launch this Q&A section as a service for all who have an interest in this area. You are also welcome to send in your own questions to our energy experts at email@example.com.
Questions & Answers
The answers open in a pop-up window. If you have pop-ups blocked in your browser, click Ctrl + link.
- What is the EPBD?
- What is a certified energy expert?
- Why is Fläkt Woods Group concerned about the EPBD? And why do you have a certified energy expert?
- What impact does the ventilation system have on the energy consumption in an average building?
- What is LCC?
- Can I save a lot of money by dramatically reducing the airflow in my ventilation system?
- What is Demand Control Ventilation?
- Why choose an air-handling unit (AHU) with integrated (factory mounted) controls?
- I know I can save energy, but for an average building, where should I start to look for the potential energy savings?
- Why not save energy by mixing return air into the supply air?
- What type of energy recovery system should I choose, and what are the differences?
- What is Econet and what makes that system unique?
- Why do Fläkt Woods sometimes recommend that I should select a larger Air Handling Unit?
- I understand what heating recovery is, but what is cooling recovery?
- Why is energy calculation/LCC of interest?
- What is the Concerted Action (CA) EPBD?
- How has the EPBD been implemented in my country?